Test your knowledge about exercise! Select True or False for each statement on the left. Then see how you did by checking the correct answers and explanations.
1. Cardiovascular (aerobic) exercises are one of the best ways to lose excess weight and maintain a healthy weight.a) True
2. Cardiovascular (aerobic) exercises are one of the best ways to stay healthy.a) True
3. You can exercise specific areas of the body to lose fat in that spot ("spot reducing").a) True
4. It is ok to feel some pain while exercising. A good rule is, "no pain, no gain."a) True
5. In general, it is not a good idea for seniors to exercise.a) True
6. Children should have a formal exercise plan.a) True
7. It is important to stretch at the start of an exercise session.a) True
8. When you exercise, fat turns into muscle.a) True
9. To stay healthy, walking is good, and running is even better.a) True
10. You don't need to drink fluids until after your workout.a) True
How well did you do? Click the link below to find out.
Reviewed By: Jeffrey Heit, MD, Internist with special emphasis on preventive health, fitness and nutrition, Philadelphia VA Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, A.D.A.M., Inc.
Hunterdon Healthcare offers an array of educational events, including childbirth, healthy living and fitness classes.LEARN MORE
Health and Wellness Centers
Where health and fitness meet to help you stay healthy at every age.LEARN MORE
Heart & Vascular
Heart and Vascular Services Department brings world-class cardiovascular care to our community.LEARN MORE