Most people know that being overweight is not healthy, yet losing weight can be difficult. This guide will help you through the weight loss process by explaining how successful weight loss really happens. If you've tried to lose weight before, don't view past efforts as failure. Instead, learn better weight-loss strategies, try again, and make this time different!
- I. Healthy Weight Loss
- Step 1: The benefits of a healthy weight
- Step 2: What is your ideal weight?
- Step 3: Causes and medical considerations
- Step 4: How to lose weight the healthy way
- II. The Basics of Losing Weight
- Step 5: Modify your diet
- Step 6: Create healthy food habits
- Step 7: Get moving
- III. Motivation and Help
- Step 8: Small steps add up
- Step 9: You can do it
- Step 10: Choosing a weight loss program
- Step 11: Medication and surgery
Reviewed By: Jeffrey Heit, MD, Internist with special emphasis on preventive health, fitness and nutrition, Philadelphia VA Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, A.D.A.M., Inc.
Hunterdon Healthcare offers an array of educational events, including childbirth, healthy living and fitness classes.LEARN MORE
Health and Wellness Centers
Where health and fitness meet to help you stay healthy at every age.LEARN MORE
Heart & Vascular
Heart and Vascular Services Department brings world-class cardiovascular care to our community.LEARN MORE