Test your knowledge about weight loss! Select True or False for each statement on the left. Then see how you did by checking the correct answers and explanations.
1. Fad diets work for permanent weight loss.a) True
2. Skipping meals is a good way to lose weight.a) True
3. Eating after 8 p.m. causes weight gain.a) True
4. Certain foods, like grapefruit, celery, or cabbage soup, can burn fat and make you lose weight.a) True
5. Natural or herbal weight-loss products are safe and effective.a) True
6. Eating red meat is bad for your health and will make it harder to lose weight.a) True
7. High-protein/low-carbohydrate diets are a healthy way to lose weight.a) True
8. Dairy products can be part of a healthy, effective weight-loss diet.a) True
9. Low-fat or no fat means no calories.a) True
10. Vegetarian diets can help you lose weight.a) True
How well did you do? Click the link below to find out.
Reviewed By: Jeffrey Heit, MD, Internist with special emphasis on preventive health, fitness and nutrition, Philadelphia VA Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, A.D.A.M., Inc.
Hunterdon Healthcare offers an array of educational events, including childbirth, healthy living and fitness classes.LEARN MORE
Health and Wellness Centers
Where health and fitness meet to help you stay healthy at every age.LEARN MORE
Heart & Vascular
Heart and Vascular Services Department brings world-class cardiovascular care to our community.LEARN MORE