Parkinson disease - resourcesResources - Parkinson disease
The following organizations are good resources for information on Parkinson disease:
Parkinson disease results from certain brain cells dying. These cells help control movement and coordination. The disease leads to shaking (tremors...
- American Parkinson Disease Association -- www.apdaparkinson.org
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke -- www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/All-Disorders/Parkinsons-Disease-Information-Page
- Parkinson's Foundation -- www.parkinson.org
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research -- www.michaeljfox.org
- US National Library of Medicine, Genetics Home Reference -- ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/parkinson-disease
Support group counselors - illustration
Counselors sometimes work with a group of people (support group) to help identify problem issues and direct members towards understanding and personal wellness.
Support group counselors
Review Date: 10/21/2018
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.