Is cancer immunotherapy the same as chemotherapy?
Do I need someone to bring me in and pick me up after the treatment?
What are the known side effects? How soon after my treatment will I experience the side effects?
Am I at risk for infections?
- What foods should I not eat so that I do not get an infection?
- Is my water at home OK to drink? Are there places I should not drink the water?
- Can I go swimming?
- What should I do when I go to a restaurant?
- Can I be around pets?
- What immunizations do I need? Which immunizations should I stay away from?
- Is it OK to be in a crowd of people? Do I have to wear a mask?
- Can I have visitors over? Do they need to wear a mask?
- When should I wash my hands?
- When should I take my temperature at home?
Am I at risk for bleeding?
- Is it OK to shave?
- What should I do if I cut myself or start bleeding?
Are there any medicines I should not take?
- Are there any other medicines I should keep on hand?
- What over-the-counter medicines am I allowed to take?
- Are there any vitamins and supplements I should or should not take?
Do I need to use birth control? What should I do if I want to get pregnant in the future?
Will I be sick to my stomach or have loose stools or diarrhea?
- How long after I start targeted treatment might these problems start?
- What can I do if I am sick to my stomach or have diarrhea?
- What should I be eating to keep my weight and strength up?
- Are there any foods I should avoid?
- Am I allowed to drink alcohol?
Will my hair fall out? Is there anything I can do about it?
Will I have problems thinking or remembering things? Can I do anything that might help?
What should I do if I get a rash?
- Do I need to use a special kind of soap?
- Are there creams or lotions that can help?
If my skin or eyes are itchy, what can I use to treat this?
What should I do if my nails start to break?
How should I take care of my mouth and lips?
- How can I prevent mouth sores?
- How often should I brush my teeth? What type of toothpaste should I use?
- What can I do about dry mouth?
- What should I do if I have a mouth sore?
Is it OK to be out in the sun?
- Do I need to use sunscreen?
- Do I need to stay indoors during cold weather?
What can I do about my fatigue?
When should I call the doctor?