Vitamin B with iron (By mouth)
Supplies your body with B vitamins and iron. You might need extra B vitamins and iron because of an illness or other medicines that you are using. You might not be getting enough B vitamins and iron from the food you eat, or there could be other reasons.
FE C Tab Plus, Ferocon, Ferrex 150 Forte, Ferrex 150 Forte Plus, FoliTab 500, Hematinic With Folic Acid, Hemocyte-F, IS 24/6, Icar-C Plus, Iferex 150 Forte, Irospan 24/6, Multigen, Multigen Folic, Multigen Plus, Niferex Forte-150There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to vitamin B or iron.
How to Use This Medicine:
Long Acting Tablet, Capsule, Liquid, Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Swallow the extended-release capsule, extended-release tablet, or liquid-filled capsule whole. Do not crush, break, or chew the tablet or capsule.
- You may take this medicine with food if it upsets your stomach.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
If a dose is missed:
- Missing a dose of a vitamin supplement is usually not a cause for concern.
- Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using an antibiotic medicine, such as tetracycline, doxycycline, Achromycin®, Minocin®, Vibramycin®.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have liver disease or kidney disease. Tell your doctor if you have any blood problems, such as pernicious anemia or too much iron.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to soy. Some brands of this medicine might contain soy.
- This medicine might have enough iron to poison a small child. Be very careful to keep this medicine out of the reach of children. If a child does swallow some of this medicine, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, gas.
- Mild pain in your lower chest or stomach.
- Warmth or redness in your face, neck, arms, or upper chest.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 10/6/2020